Program logo

Thursday, November 5, 2015

What the Dog Program Means to Me
by M. Martin

It is a reminder that we can change, if we work for it.

When I see the dogs I feel like I can connect to them; coming into a strange place, surrounded by strange people with different sights and sounds.  I'm glad I can be there to comfort the dog, help it feel wanted.

I chose the dog program over every other job they have here because I have always lived with dogs and being away from my own makes me sad.  The dogs bring happiness into a place where happiness is almost non-existent.  I can see it all around, the impact these dogs have on the people here.

And it makes me wonder.  Are we helping the dogs?  Or are the dogs helping us?

Who is truly the teacher and who is truly the student?



No comments:

Post a Comment